Website Scholastic Canada
Scholastic Canada is the country’s leading publisher and distributor of children’s books in both official languages. For over 60 years, Scholastic Canada has introduced young people to the joy of reading.
At Scholastic Canada, we embrace and celebrate diversity in our people, products and ideas. A diverse workforce and inclusive, supportive workplace are central to our success, enabling us to ensure that our books are reflective of the children and families we serve and to deepen our relationships with customers, colleagues, and communities. We welcome all applicants, and strongly encourage individuals from groups who are marginalized and underrepresented in the publishing industry to apply. Please see our website for more information about our ongoing commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
An opening exists in the Trade Division for the position of Senior Manager, Marketing & Publicity reporting to the Director, Marketing & Publicity. We are looking to fill this position with a savvy, good-humored, creative leader, who will infuse campaign ideas with a genuine love of our mission: to turn all children into lifelong readers through access to great books!
The Senior Manager, Marketing & Publicity is responsible for working closely with our sales team and their key accounts to deliver effective, collaborative marketing campaigns that support our bestselling brands, including digital marketing, and in-store initiatives. This person will work closely with the entire Marketing & Publicity team on strategic consumer outreach, bringing new ideas to the table, and thinking outside the box about reaching new audiences and readers.
Work Location: This position works out of our Toronto downtown office located at 604 King St. West. Our team is currently splitting time in the office and at home. Expectation is that the office is this person’s primary work location, with flexibility for some days at home.
- Leading and implementing marketing strategies for all key accounts, including Indigo, Amazon, Costco, Toys R Us, Mastermind and key independent bookstores across Canada
- Collaborating and liaising with US counterparts, to effectively align goals on key Global Brands and media properties, including Dav Pilkey, Graphix, The Hunger Games, etc.
- Leading marketing initiatives that support key Canadian brands and titles, including Robert Munsch
- Amplifying our books and creators of diverse representation, and ensuring all of our marketing campaigns support our values of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Effectively creating and presenting marketing decks at account meetings, department meetings, and to internal stakeholders at conferences and other key cross-channel meetings.
- Working closely with in-house designer and production teams, directing projects and executing promotional material
- Monitoring budgets and cost centre management
- Representing Scholastic Canada at corporate and industry events
- 7-8 years of experience working in sales and/or marketing. Experience selling and marketing products to children is an asset.
- Knowledge and/or experience working within the publishing industry is an asset
- A love of reading and personal values that are aligned with Scholastic’s Credo.
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders
- Experience working successfully in a virtual/hybrid environment, and a proven ability to adapt to various platforms, as needed
- Strong analytical skills, with a passion for sales numbers
- A creative eye, with ample experience directing design of promotional materials, with adherence to brand guidelines and brainstorming campaigns
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to problem solve and think creatively
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Advanced skill in Excel and PowerPoint) and Google Suite
- Experience with AS400 and Silvon is an asset
- Experience with BookNet Canada, SalesData and BookManager platforms
- French language skills are an asset
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Health and Dental Benefits
- RRSP Program
- Paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Employee discounts on Scholastic books and merchandise
Interested applicants are asked to forward a copy of their resume by November 9, 2023
We are committed to ensuring that the accessibility needs of all applicants are considered and accommodated at every stage of the recruitment process. Please connect with us if you require an accommodation or have any questions.
We want to thank you for your interest in working with Scholastic, however only those candidates who have been selected to proceed to the next stage will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org