Website Scholastic Canada
Scholastic Canada is the country’s leading publisher and distributor of children’s books in both official languages. For over 60 years, Scholastic Canada has introduced young people to the joy of reading.
At Scholastic Canada, we embrace and celebrate diversity in our people, products and ideas. A diverse workforce and inclusive, supportive workplace are central to our success, enabling us to ensure that our books are reflective of the children and families we serve and to deepen our relationships with customers, colleagues, and communities. We welcome all applicants, and strongly encourage individuals from groups who are marginalized and underrepresented in the publishing industry to apply. Please see our website for more information about our ongoing commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
An opening exists in the Trade Division for the position of Trade Marketing & Publicity Coordinator reporting to the Director, Marketing & Publicity
The Trade Marketing & Publicity Coordinator is responsible for supporting and assisting the Marketing & Publicity Department in all aspects of book promotion: brainstorming, asset creation, retailer marketing support, event and conference planning, keeping databases and files organized. You will use your strong written and verbal communication skills to build relationships internally, and to bring your unique energy to a hybrid team environment.
Work Location: This position works out of our downtown Toronto office located at 604 King St. West. Our team is currently splitting time in the office and at home. Expectation is that applicant is within comfortable commuting distance, as the office is this role’s primary work location, with flexibility for some days at home.
- Contribute to brainstorming, planning, and execution of marketing campaigns for all books
- Work closely with Senior Manager to create and distribute marketing material for all key retail and wholesale partners, support account outreach and meetings, creation of marketing decks as directed
- Play a key role in planning and executing public and industry events, festivals, trade shows, and sales conferences, including physical set-up and teardown, as needed
- Support Social Media Specialist in scheduling, posting and monitoring of platforms
- Support Publicity Associate in review mailings, research and publicity updates
- Active participant in weekly team and department meetings
- Build relationships with internal and external partners
- General organizational and administrative tasks: database and file maintenance, note-taking, research, data entry and any further ad hoc tasks, as needed.
- 1-3 years working in sales and/or marketing. Knowledge/ experience working within the publishing industry is an asset.
- A genuine interest in looking at book promotion through an inclusive lens – experience and/or training in issues of diversity and equity is an asset
- Post-secondary education with knowledge of the children’s book industry is an asset
- Exceptional organizational skills, with a proven ability to multi-task and work well in a deadline-driven environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (including PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook), Teams, and Google Suite (Google Slides, Drives)
- Experience working successfully in a virtual/hybrid environment, and a proven ability to adapt to various platforms, as needed
- Strong writing skills and a keen eye for detail and design
- French language skills are an asset
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Health and Dental Benefits
- RRSP Program
- Paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Employee discounts on Scholastic books and merchandise
Interested applicants are asked to forward a copy of their resume by November 9, 2023
We are committed to ensuring that the accessibility needs of all applicants are considered and accommodated at every stage of the recruitment process. Please connect with us if you require an accommodation or have any questions.
We want to thank you for your interest in working with Scholastic, however only those candidates who have been selected to proceed to the next stage will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org