Website Scholastic Canada
Scholastic Canada is the country’s leading publisher and distributor of children’s books in both official languages. For over 60 years, Scholastic Canada has introduced young people to the joy of reading.
At Scholastic Canada, we embrace and celebrate diversity in our people, products and ideas. A diverse workforce and inclusive, supportive workplace are central to our success, enabling us to ensure that our books are reflective of the children and families we serve and to deepen our relationships with customers, colleagues, and communities. We welcome all applicants, and strongly encourage individuals from groups who are marginalized and underrepresented in the publishing industry to apply. Please see our website for more information about our ongoing commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
An opening exists in the Publishing Division for the position of Assistant Editor reporting to the Vice President of Publishing.
Work Location: This position works out of our Toronto downtown office located at 604 King St. West. Our team is currently splitting time in the office and at home. Expectation is that the office is this person’s primary work location, with flexibility for some days at home.
- Proofreading and checking printer’s proofs
- Acquiring photo and text permissions and maintaining permissions database
- Providing editorial material needed for reprints, co-editions and ebooks (including maintaining reprint files)
- Providing support for the Publishing editorial team, including inputting manuscript corrections, correspondence, couriers, copying manuscripts
- Proofreading and creating ancillary materials required for the creation of ebooks
- Preparing information necessary for marketing evaluation and sales meetings
- Creating and updating publishing proposals, including fact sheets and production specs
- Some writing (jacket copy, website materials, etc.) and copyediting
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant/ related work experience
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work effectively under pressure
- Superior communication skills with an exceptional command of the English language
- Good technical skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and InDesign software
- Post-secondary education/ certificate is an asset
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Health and Dental Benefits
- RRSP Program
- Paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Employee discounts on Scholastic books and merchandise
Interested applicants are asked to forward a copy of their resume by January 22, 2024
We are committed to ensuring that the accessibility needs of all applicants are considered and accommodated at every stage of the recruitment process. Please connect with us if you require an accommodation or have any questions.
We want to thank you for your interest in working with Scholastic, however only those candidates who have been selected to proceed to the next stage will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com